USAMRDC Inspector General (IG)
The Inspector General (IG) inquires into and reports on the state of economy, efficiency, discipline, morale, esprit de corps and readiness. The IG is an extension of the Commander's eyes, ears, and conscience and serves on the Commander's special staff to advise and counsel on all IG matters. The USAMRDC and Fort Detrick Inspector General team's mission is to provide exceptional support to all Soldiers, Civilians, Family Members, and Retirees within the US Army Medical Research and Development Command (USAMRDC) and Fort Detrick community.
The IG office provides support through four functions: assistance, inspections, investigations, and teaching and training. Everyone has the right to contact the IG at any time; no one may hinder an individual's right to do so. Supervisors may not engage in reprisal or retaliatory measures against a person for contacting the IG.
- An informal fact-finding process used to address a complaint involving a request for assistance or a request for information.
- IGs encourage personnel to allow their chain of command to solve problems at the lowest level.
- IGs assess, assist and enhance the ability of the command to effectively prepare for and to perform its assigned mission.
- IGs identify root causes of problems, and apply a compliance oriented or systemic approach measured against an established standard.
- A fact-finding examination into allegations of impropriety or an adverse condition affecting the warfighting and mission capability of a command.
- IGs may investigate any violation of law, policy, or ethical standards, including but not limited to allegations of fraud, waste, abuse, and mismanagement.
Teaching and Training
- IGs utilize knowledge and experience to assist in achieving and maintaining discipline and combat ready units.
- While inspecting, assisting or investigating, IGs improve the command by teaching and training others in policy and procedures.
What the IG Does NOT Do:
Please understand the IG assistance process does not generally address issues covered by other grievance channels unless those avenues were improperly administered.
Location and Contacts:
The IG office is located at 1520 Freedman Drive, Suite 221. Hours are Monday through Friday from 0830 to 1630. To request assistance you may walk-in, call, email, or fax a request to the office. You may fill out a DA Form 1559 using the link below. Please ensure all information is filled out completely.
- Download and print DA Form 1559 (PDF 13KB)
IG Contact Information
|IG Contact||Office Number|
|Inspector General||(301) 619-9966|
|Deputy Inspector General||(301) 619-2995|
|Inspector General NCO - Email us||(301) 619-2349|
|Fax Number||(301) 619-8571|
Mailing Address:Inspector General
U.S. Army Medical Research and Development Command FCMR-IG
810 Schreider Street
Fort Detrick, MD 21702-5000