► Animal Appendix
In order to conduct our review, investigators must submit a complete description of all animal studies. The ACURO will not review any protocols that have not already been approved by your IACUC.
The following documents must be submitted to the ACURO office for review:
- IACUC approved version of each institutional protocol that will support your DOD funded study
- Documentation of IACUC approval for each protocol
- Any approved amendments to aforementioned protocols that affect the DOD funded study as well as documentation of IACUC approval of those amendments
- Completed ACURO Animal Use Appendix (65 KB) for EACH protocol*
- Signed PI Assurance (last page of appendix)
If you have questions about what to submit, please contact our office. The ACURO administrative staff will confirm receipt of your submission. After review, a member of our staff will contact you requesting additional information or indicating that the animal work has been approved per your award. No animal studies may be conducted using DOD funds until ACURO approval has been granted. Studies involving nonhuman primates, dogs, cats, or marine mammals may require a site visit by a DoD laboratory animal veterinarian. A site visit may also be required for any other species as determined by ACURO.
Please plan for 4 months for ACURO review after we receive all required documentation.
To contact us:FCMR-RPA
810 Schreider Street
Fort Detrick, MD 21702-5000
Phone: (301) 619-6694
Fax: (301) 619-4165