MHSRS 2013 Award Winners Announced
The 2013 Military Health System Research Symposium Poster Awards were presented on Thursday, August 15, in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., by Col. Dallas Hack, director of the Combat Casualty Care Research Program of the U.S. Army Medical Research and Materiel Command.
GOLD: Dennis Filips – "Evaluation of the iTClamp 50 in a Human Cadaver Model of Severe Compressible Bleeding"
SILVER: Philip DeNicolo – "A Comparison of Dental Disease and Non-Battle Injury Rates of Soldiers in CONUS, Iraq, and Afghanistan"
BRONZE: Melissa Gibbons – Development of a Test Methodology and Modeling Algorithm to Study Material Effects on Blast Lung Injury Using the Normalized Work Method"
HONORABLE MENTION CERTIFICATES:
- H. David Humes – "Immunomodulation with a Selective Cytopheretic Device (SCD) Reduces Acute Brain Injury (ABI) from Intracerebral Hemorrhage (ICH)"
- Phil Rye – "Prevention and Disruption of Multispecies Biofilm Formation and Improved Healing Outcome Using OligoG in a Reproducible Porcine Burn Wound Model"
- Bopaiah Cheppudira – "Peripheral Antinociceptive Effects of mu-opioid Agonists in a Carrageenan-induced Inflammatory Pain Model"
- Kenton Gregory – "Treatment of Extremity Compartment Syndrome Using a Multi-Dose Treatment Regimen of Autologous Bone Marrow Mononuclear Cells in Swine"
- Meghan Samberg – "Effect of Platelet Incorporation within Human Plasma Gels on Human Adipose-derived Stem Cell Differentiation"
- Joan Cmarik – "Enhancing Fielded Products"
- Greggory Housler – "Department of Defense Programmatic Overview of Chest Seal Performance"
Congratulations to the winners!